[TYPO3-doc] New Pictures for the Documentation

Michael Bakonyi kontakt at mb-neuemedien.de
Sun Mar 20 18:11:47 CET 2011

Hi Phillip,

thanks a lot for your detailed explanation! :)

I had to set up my working environment first so I changed screenshots
only up to page 35. Please have a look at them and give me feedback what
you think.

Am 19.03.11 10:58, schrieb Philipp Gampe:
> Hi Michael,
>
> Thanks for taking care. Francois created some guidelines for screenshots in
> the wiki:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/DocTeam/Official_Documentation_Screenshots

Okay I tried to stick to them a close as possible.

> Of course, you can just look at the current screenshots as those follow the
> guidelines pretty close.
>
> If you need or want to change some text, please follow those guidelines:
> http://wiki.typo3.org/DocTeam/Official_Documentation_Work_Processes#Editing_process
>
> This is rather easy - just save as plain text file. Do not forget to close
> OpenOffice, or it will continue saving into the text file instead of
> manual.swx.

I only changed little text and saved it to the .txt

In this file the markers for new screenshots are still there. Maybe it
makes sense to keep them until all screens are finished to not irritate
SVN too much ...

> Make sure you have a fresh installation of the introduction package and
> please make these screenshots in the order they appear in the guide. Some
> screenshots show content created a few pages before and this should be
> reflected.

Did that.

> I usually commit every 2 or 3 hours, just to make sure nothing gets lost.
> Do not forget to update the ChangeLog file.

Nope I didn't.

Some questions/remarks I have:

1. I skipped the new login-screen with the "Important messages"-box, to
be more date/version-independent.

2. In general I wouldn't like to use the blue transparency for the
circles anymore, as the blue-values change depending on the color which
lies in the background / the color of the screenshot in the background.
This sometime makes it difficult to place the numbered circles in the
best position. I would rather change the transparency to something like
80%-90% or skip it completely.

3. Before committing I added a comment regarding the changes. This
comment is not reflected in forge. How do I add commit-comments so that
they appear in forge aswell?

4. Where can I add my real name to replace my nickname in Forge
regarding the page Repository?

Have a nice rest of the weekend. :)

Cheers,
Michael