[TYPO3-doc] New Pictures for the Documentation

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Sat Mar 19 10:58:43 CET 2011

Hi Michael,

I already committed all changes. So if you checkout current trunk of getting
started, you can just replace the old screenshots with new ones and commit
the change.

Michael Bakonyi wrote:

> I'm going to start taking some shots (regarding Getting Started) during
> the weekend (20./21.3.) hopefully, so if anybody has begun with this
> task already please post this here to prevent double work.

Thanks for taking care. Francois created some guidelines for screenshots in
the wiki:
http://wiki.typo3.org/DocTeam/Official_Documentation_Screenshots

Of course, you can just look at the current screenshots as those follow the
guidelines pretty close.

If you need or want to change some text, please follow those guidelines:
http://wiki.typo3.org/DocTeam/Official_Documentation_Work_Processes#Editing_process

This is rather easy - just save as plain text file. Do not forget to close
OpenOffice, or it will continue saving into the text file instead of
manual.swx.

You can find more information on:
http://wiki.typo3.org/Category:DocTeam

== Current state of the manual:
I already updated most text to reflect the new labels. In same places a
inserted [marker for new image]. If you come across any of such a marker,
please replace it with a screenshot.
Sometimes I used these markers to say that a picture has changed much.

The part about creating new pages (page tree) needs some more changes. Also
the part about extension manager should needs some further refresh. But we
will stick to the old extension manager, not the new one.

Make sure you have a fresh installation of the introduction package and
please make these screenshots in the order they appear in the guide. Some
screenshots show content created a few pages before and this should be
reflected.

I usually commit every 2 or 3 hours, just to make sure nothing gets lost.
Do not forget to update the ChangeLog file.

Here are all textual changes I did:
<http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-
doc_tut_quickstart/repository/diff?rev=598&rev_to=580>

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe