[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: repository structure and release processes

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sun Mar 6 21:37:16 CET 2011

Hi Tom,

>> Note: namesp. cut : stripped namespace before processing
>> > Official TYPO3 Documentation
>> > WARNING: cannot add @xml:base to node set root element.  Relative paths
>> > may not work.
>> > Note: namesp. cut : processing stripped document
>
> These are kind of warning messages from the DB stylesheets. Actually,
> there are two sets of the stylesheets: the "normal" ones which are mostly for
> DocBook 4.x and the namespace aware which works for DocBook 5.x.

So you mean that I'm not using the right XSL file? There are others
called "chunk"-something, but I must say it's a bit hard to understand
what's their purpose.

> This error has nothing to do with the DB stylesheets. It's just that you
> didn't resolve the XInclude elements with the respective content. Use the --
> xinclude option if you use xsltproc.

That was it, thanks!

For those interested, the full command looks something like:

xsltproc --stringparam use.id.as.filename 1 --xinclude
/PATH/TO/DOCBOOK/XSL/xhtml/chunk.xsl ~/PATH/TO/DOCBOOK/FILES/set.xml

This produces the following files (with the current SVN version of the
samples):

bk03.html
core.html
guides.html
index.html
si01.html
tutorials.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.cobject.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.cobject.image.file.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.cobject.image.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.datatype.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.datatype.resource.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.datatype.type.boolean.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.datatype.type.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.datatype.type.int.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.datatype.type.wrap.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.function.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.function.imgResource.frame.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.function.imgResource.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.function.stdWrap.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.function.stdWrap.setContentToCurrent.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.introduction.credits.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.introduction.feedback.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.introduction.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.introduction.new.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.menu.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.menu.tmenu.expall.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.menu.tmenu.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.menu.tmenu.tmenuitem.allwrap.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.menu.tmenu.tmenuitem.html
typo3v4.core.typoscript.next_steps.html
typo3v4.guides.sample.html
typo3v4.guides.sample.introduction.credits.html
typo3v4.guides.sample.introduction.feedback.html
typo3v4.guides.sample.introduction.html
typo3v4.guides.sample.introduction.new.html
typo3v4.guides.sample.next_steps.html
typo3v4.guides.sample.sample.admonitions.html
typo3v4.guides.sample.sample.api.html
typo3v4.guides.sample.sample.html
typo3v4.guides.sample.sample.other.html
typo3v4.guides.sample.sample.tables.html

Although there are still things to work out regarding all the
set-related files (I've got a few empty ones and the navigation is a bit
broken in some places; don't know why), what I find very encouraging in
that all parts of the sample manual and the sample reference have been
rendered in their own files, with a perfectly explicit name, thanks to
all the id attributes used.

There are only two automatically named files. I'm not sure what
"bk03.html" corresponds to. Maybe it's an empty book supposed to be in
the tutorials set, since there are none. Then there's "si01.html" which
is apparently supposed to be the index of all books, but is actually
empty. Maybe it's an error in my set of sets definition...

All in all I think this looks rather good and the well-structured file
names mean that it should be perfectly possible to reference any file we
need.