[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: repository structure and release processes

Thomas Schraitle tom_schr at web.de
Mon Mar 7 07:23:08 CET 2011

Hi Francois,

>>> Note: namesp. cut : stripped namespace before processing
>>
>> These are kind of warning messages from the DB stylesheets. Actually,
>> there are two sets of the stylesheets: the "normal" ones which are mostly for
>> DocBook 4.x and the namespace aware which works for DocBook 5.x.
>
>So you mean that I'm not using the right XSL file?

Exactly. However, it's a bit different what you may think. For more details,
see Bob's explanation:

http://www.sagehill.net/docbookxsl/ProcesingDb5.html#Db5Xslt

> There are others
>called "chunk"-something, but I must say it's a bit hard to understand
>what's their purpose.

Yes, it's a bit hard to understand. Normally, you just need chunk.xsl. You
need sthe others only, if you create a customization layer. At the moment,
I would recommend not to bother too much. :)

>This produces the following files (with the current SVN version of the
>samples):
> [... Stripped ...]
>rendered in their own files, with a perfectly explicit name, thanks to
>all the id attributes used.

Yes, that's very convenient. :)

>There are only two automatically named files. I'm not sure what
>"bk03.html" corresponds to.

The third book, which is the titlepage. If you want to give the HTML
file a certain name, use the xml:id attribute. It's probably missing.

Cheers,
  Tom