[TYPO3-doc] Getting Started & 4.5

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Jan 22 10:47:56 CET 2011

Hi Philipp,

> * new page tree
> ** copy, move, delete, undelete, rename
> ** create new pages
> * new arrangement of page properties and content elements

Yes, definitely, probably the most important part.

> * email -->  reference to default from address

Not sure, does not seem so important.

> * media (wizard for video portal URLs)

Yes.

> * grid view

Not sure, would rather be an advanced topic IMO.

> * extension manager

Definitely.

> * new uploader

Dropped for 4.5.

> (*) linkvalidator

Again, rather an advanced topic.

> (*) RTE (any important changes in UI?)

No idea, I don't think so.

> * shortcut -->  bookmark

Yes

> * live search

Definitely a very nice one to show :-)

> * new help (help by hovering over labels)

Yes.

> (*) login news (maybe too technical, but used in IP)

I wouldn't mention it, but of course people might be curious. About this
topic and others which I listed as "advanced topics" above, my hope is
still to have an Administrator's Guide and those feature would fit
better there IMO (although the grid view would rather belong to a new
templating manual). Patrick Lobacher didn't have time to really work on
an Admin Guide for a whole lot of very good reasons, but he's still very
motivated and I hope this guide can happen this year.

> Do you have any idea about the workflow yet?
> Doing screen shots and adding them to bugtracker is no big deal, but how to
> deal with text changes?

I see two possible way:

1) those who work on the manual coordinate among themselves and do edit
at the same time.
2) work on a temporary copy using change tracking and merge everything
when text is finalized

None are optimal. If possible, I would go for 1 as it represents less
overhead.