[TYPO3-doc] Getting Started & 4.5

Philipp Gampe typo3.lists at philippgampe.info
Fri Jan 21 22:44:46 CET 2011

Hello,

just to keep topics separated ... a new thread :)

>> What manuals need refresh? Can we split the task by assigning different
>> manuals to different people?
>
> Basically all manuals need refresh ;-) The one I would like to see
> updated as quickly as possible is the Getting Started so that it matches
> the 4.5 Introduction Package.

I thought about this one too and there a quite a lot of things which need an
update... here is a short list which came to my mind (those which require
changes in text):

* new page tree
** copy, move, delete, undelete, rename
** create new pages
* new arrangement of page properties and content elements
* email --> reference to default from address
* media (wizard for video portal URLs)
* grid view
* extension manager
* new uploader
(*) linkvalidator
(*) RTE (any important changes in UI?)
* shortcut --> bookmark
* live search
* new help (help by hovering over labels)
(*) login news (maybe too technical, but used in IP)

Do you have any idea about the workflow yet?
Doing screen shots and adding them to bugtracker is no big deal, but how to
deal with text changes?

Best regards
--
Philipp Gampe