[TYPO3-doc] Help-System for FLOW3 Optimization

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Mon Feb 7 17:22:03 CET 2011

On 07.02.11 16:04, François Suter wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> The idea is that the error box contains a link "More information" what
>> directs to the wiki. There help is already given and can be commented
>> - or it's a new error and a new wiki page should be created
>> then, so the user can describe the solution, when it's found.
>
> The concept also exists in TYPO3 v4 (maybe it was imported from FLOW3).
> I'm not sure what we should do about this, especially since what to do
> was never decided in the first place among core team members. So I just
> wanted to raise this here as an information. It should certainly not
> block what is being done for FLOW3.

It exists in v4? Really? I started a call some time ago, but got no
reactions.

We had the plan to link the exception messages. IIRC Ernesto also asked
admin at t3o for a redirection (schema), as the FLOW3 exception nowhere use
a FLOW3/v5 in their links (which should be changed to distinguish
between v4 and F3/v5).
So the whole thing ended up with nothing (for 4.5).

I've already a ready-to-submit patch, which adds unique numbers to every
Exception in the Core. At latest after that, we should really link them
to the wiki (through a forwarding URL). Nevertheless, this needs word of
other people, responsible for t3o administration.

I just want to wait for 4.5.1, before coming up with new things.

Okay.. now I found the issue, for linking the messages - including
Ernestos suggestion for the link schema:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=16271

Kind regards
Steffen

--