[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: Build Chain / Rendering Pipeline

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Fri Apr 29 07:12:13 CEST 2011

Hey François,

> An interesting idea, but can we really have all the features we could
> then (like comments and snippets)? You would make it exist completely
> outside the scope of TYPO3 (I mean as a CMS engine, not as a topic ;-)
> )? Of course that would provide optimal performance and maybe even a
> stability in the links that we cannot achieve if embedded.
Well, as said, I think I'd have two components:
- nicely styled HTML output, NOT including snippets and comments; ready
to take with you when you are travelling :) (PDF is not so nice to read
than a nicely hyperlinked version)
- and then another JavaScript which is included; which fetches the
related data (like comments and snippets) from typo3.org and displays
them (if internet connection is available).

This way, all data stays at typo3.org, we can have an embedded version
(like it's done on the php.net site), but also a standalone version (
like http://guide.couchdb.org/ vs couchdb.org -- though they do not have
comments).

I think the main prerequisite for this feature is a correct naming
scheme for IDs, as all additional data will be attached to the IDs.

Greets,
Sebastian
PS: Having a second PDF format is a good idea! No problem technically!