[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: Build Chain / Rendering Pipeline

Daniel Bruessler danielb at typo3.org
Fri Apr 29 10:07:45 CEST 2011

Hello Francois and Sebastian,

>> An interesting idea, but can we really have all the features we could
>> then (like comments and snippets)? You would make it exist completely
>> outside the scope of TYPO3 (I mean as a CMS engine, not as a topic ;-)
>> )? Of course that would provide optimal performance and maybe even a
>> stability in the links that we cannot achieve if embedded.
> Well, as said, I think I'd have two components:
> - nicely styled HTML output, NOT including snippets and comments; ready
> to take with you when you are travelling :) (PDF is not so nice to read
> than a nicely hyperlinked version)
> - and then another JavaScript which is included; which fetches the
> related data (like comments and snippets) from typo3.org and displays
> them (if internet connection is available).
>
> This way, all data stays at typo3.org, we can have an embedded version
> (like it's done on the php.net site), but also a standalone version (
> like http://guide.couchdb.org/ vs couchdb.org -- though they do not have
> comments).

+1 for an embedded version

great idea! I just tried it with my mobile phone and it doesn't even have any space by padding-left or marin-left. So I can use the whole width of the display (what is not much ;-) )

> I think the main prerequisite for this feature is a correct naming
> scheme for IDs, as all additional data will be attached to the IDs.
>
> Greets,
> Sebastian
> PS: Having a second PDF format is a good idea! No problem technically!

+1

very good. So we don't any longer have to export PDF manually by openoffice.

== DocTeam ==
Want to help? Just see what topics you're interested in and join us!
http://typo3.org/teams/documentation-team/
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/team-docteam
http://forge.typo3.org/projects/typo3v4-documentation