[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: Build Chain / Rendering Pipeline

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Thu Apr 28 21:52:22 CEST 2011

Hi,

> 2) stand-alone HTML (in some nice-to read format), with user comments,
> snippets, ... pulled in from TYPO3.org via AJAX

An interesting idea, but can we really have all the features we could
then (like comments and snippets)? You would make it exist completely
outside the scope of TYPO3 (I mean as a CMS engine, not as a topic ;-)
)? Of course that would provide optimal performance and maybe even a
stability in the links that we cannot achieve if embedded.

I had actually not even considered this idea, as I continued to consider
the documentation as it is currently, but it's a good idea. It means we
must consider even more carefully the global structure of the manuals so
that as much of the HTML structure can be built automatically (I mean we
want to avoid doing as many intermediary pages as possible, as that
would be manual work).