[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: XML IDs // Linking between documents

Thomas Schraitle tom_schr at web.de
Tue Apr 26 21:31:26 CEST 2011

Hi Sebastian,

Tuesday 26 April 2011
> [...]
> This would have the benefit of having global identifiers. Still, I'd
> propose something different, as I suggest to use olinks [1] (which was
> IMHO also the outcome of the recent discussion).

My impression was to just the opposite. :) The linking between different books
can be sometimes really nasty so I would try to avoid olinks. Indeed, it's a
solution, but it introduces another layer of complexity.

I would better try to avoid olinks for the time being and try to establish the
DocBook conversion first. From there you can always introduce olinks in the
documents if it' really needed. :)

Bye,
  Tom