[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: XML IDs // Linking between documents

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Wed Apr 27 06:46:07 CEST 2011

Hi Thomas,

thanks very much for your input :-)

> I would better try to avoid olinks for the time being and try to establish the
> DocBook conversion first. From there you can always introduce olinks in the
> documents if it' really needed. :)
Right now I'd feel that it should be definitely possible to hide the
complexity of using olinks (more complicated setup) in the build
process. Don't you think so?

I think we have about 60-70 "official" manuals right now, not counting
the community-extensions (which are a few thousand)... When we want to
use xref to link between these, I understand that we always have to load
the *full set* of manuals to the XSLT processor, and then using "rootid"
to determine what part should be actually rendered. To me, this just
does not sound feasible for this amount of documentation :-)

I'm curious about your thoughts!

Greets,
Sebastian