[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: Build Chain / Rendering Pipeline

Fabien Udriot fudriot at omic.ch
Sat Apr 23 10:51:19 CEST 2011

> I unexpectedly had a few hours and I started with some Phing tasks already:
>
> https://github.com/skurfuerst/docbook-build

Ah! brilliant initiative.

Let me know when there is anything more to test. I already have rough checked out the code and it
looks good. I love phing task!

I am quite concerned by the topic as I have taken over "ter_doc" and "ter_xsl". I had a more small
step by small step approach until now. But, with Sebastian... radical changes arrive! :) And this is
not a problem at all as documentation generation must be shifted away from the TER anyway.

Proposition: what do you thing of setting up a domain to test the build chain? I can take this task
on me if you like. I am thinking about :

- doc.typo3.org
- or documentation.typo3.org

Let me know.

Also, at one point, I would like to incorporate some SXW -> Docbook transformation in the system to
have the change to migrate the legacy documentation into Docbook. I have already started a XSL
Stylesheet that does the job. When there will be more code, I can help with that as well.

Cheers,

Fabien