[TYPO3-doc] DocBook: Build Chain / Rendering Pipeline

Sebastian Kurfürst sebastian at typo3.org
Fri Apr 22 08:53:04 CEST 2011

Hey François,
> Yes. This is a particularly interesting point, as we will need a way
> to produce a release of a given manual. We will need some way to
> register a manual for rendering.
>
> Furthermore we will probably need to differentiate the renderings. I
> can imagine having a nightly build for HTML, but maybe not for PDF,
> and definitely not for print-on-demand. So we would need to schedule
> separately "full renderings" and "partial renderings" IMO.
Yeah, good point :-) I'll take this into account.

I unexpectedly had a few hours and I started with some Phing tasks already:

https://github.com/skurfuerst/docbook-build

Right now, they only render HTML, and try to set up the build chain. But
it's a start I will continue with :)

Happy easter btw -- I will be offline 'til Tuesday.

Greets,
Sebastian