[TYPO3-doc] Small improvements to official documentation template

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Sep 18 14:56:11 CEST 2010

Hi all,

Next version:

http://drp.ly/FVJ

I heard all your arguments in favor of the logo in the header - even the
freak gust of wind - so it's back. But I've removed it from the footer,
because I truly think that having the logo twice on the page is too much.

One more change (I know I shouldn't, but this had been bothering me for
a long time):

- I have used a separate page style for the first page so that it
doesn't have a header nor a footer anymore, which didn't really fit on
the cover page. Instead I have added a larger TYPO3 logo on top. That
raises two issues:

1) I think the logo looks quite ok in the center, but the rest of the
text is flush left, so the layout doesn't look all that great. I could
imagine centering the title, but leave the rest left-aligned (as it
would not look got centered).

2) I don't like the colored logo in the documentation. Now that heading
colors have been removed I would rather use a gray-level or B&W logo
(both versions officially exist). Opinions?

NOTE: currently the first page "spills on 2 pages" because there are the
explanations for every kind of manual. With only one category
explanation, it will all fit on a single page. So that you can better
visualize, I prepared a sample cover page:

http://drp.ly/w5yW