[TYPO3-doc] Small improvements to official documentation template

Jigal van Hemert jigal at xs4all.nl
Thu Sep 16 13:24:36 CEST 2010

Hi,

On 15-9-2010 22:29, François Suter wrote:
> http://drp.ly/1JLCbt

Congratulations on your choice of fonts. They support small features
which make the text a little more pleasant to read (ligatures, kerning).

> - I have replaced Times for the main text by Baskervald, a font derived
> from Baskerville which looks really brilliant in a PDF and also very
> good when printed IMO

Good choice. I hoped you would go for a font with a little more
personality than Times (which looks so bad on

> - for the headings, I have replaced Vera Sans with the much more elegant
> Gillius n°2, derived from Gill Sans

Nice font!

> - I have kept Vera Monospace for the code samples, because it looks good
> and has the advantage that "1" and "l" are well differentiated

It is indeed one of the better monospaced free fonts.

> - I also reworked the page header: I removed the TYPO3 logo, because I
> thought it was redundant with the one at the bottom.

Because you see the header before you see the footer, I would prefer to
have it in the header. Or leave it in the footer and put it somewhere
more prominent on the first page.

It looks far better than ever before. Thanks for your efforts!

--
Kind regards / met vriendelijke groet,

Jigal van Hemert
skype:jigal.van.hemert