[TYPO3-doc] Small improvements to official documentation template

François Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Sep 11 16:59:34 CEST 2010

Hi Daniel,

> What's with special stuff like filenames, URLs. Is it good to see what
> is an l and what a 1?

Yes, it would be good to be able to differentiate. I'll make a few tries.

> What's with navigation-info like Menu>>  User tools>>  User settings>>
> Startup>>  Start up in the following module
> What formatting-style do we use?

I generally use a single "greater than" sign, like:

Web > Info > Records overview

as this matches usage in the Core (like in the system extension's
titles). It's correct that this must be documented too.

> Another thing is in-document-navigation. Do we use it?
> Example:
> Use the HowTo at page 13 “HowTo: Update a manual to the new layout”

Personally I only refer to chapter names, as references don't survive
HTML transformation anyway.