[TYPO3-doc] Setting priorities

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Sun Apr 18 16:19:27 CEST 2010

On 17.04.2010 22:48, Francois Suter wrote:
> Hi again (last time for tonight),
>
> As we're only a few working on the documentation, we need to set
> priorities for the tasks ahead. Here's what I would see:
>
> 1) finish defining what constitutes official documentation (see separate
> thread)
> 2) write definitions for the three categories of official documentation
> (also see separate thread)
> 3) polish the rules and working processes so that we are confident in
> opening up to others
> 4) start work on the new Quickstart guide, with the following sub-steps
> in a first phase:
>
> 4.1) read the current Quickstart guide
> 4.2) discuss the content of the new one

Sounds good. I'd propose for 3 and 4 (at least for 4.) to have some kind
of skype meeting as kickoff.

> I have discussed with Martin Holtz and he's interested in working on the
> Quickstart guide too. We agreed that it was wiser to push back the
> development on the TSref online reference to the T3DD10. I have already
> announced a workshop on this theme to Thomas Hempel and Tobias Liebig -
> of the t3editor team - jumped on board to help steer it.

Great!

> 5) make the "TypoScript in 45 minutes" tutorial into an official
> document. The Forge sub-project is ready:
>
> http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/typo3v4-doc_tut_ts45
>
> I've put Susanne as leader for now. Susanne, feel free to add members as
> needed.

Thanks for that ;) Now I'll have to put the english TS45min in the Open
Office version and update it - currently we just have the German one.
There a question pops up: What is with translations of official
documentation? Though in general it's a good idea to keep the documents
in English the question came to my mind if it wouldn't help TYPO3 if at
least the beginners guides were translated in other languages, too...

Best regards,

Susanne