[TYPO3-doc] Setting priorities

Francois Suter fsu-lists at cobweb.ch
Sat Apr 17 22:48:02 CEST 2010

Hi again (last time for tonight),

As we're only a few working on the documentation, we need to set
priorities for the tasks ahead. Here's what I would see:

1) finish defining what constitutes official documentation (see separate
thread)
2) write definitions for the three categories of official documentation
(also see separate thread)
3) polish the rules and working processes so that we are confident in
opening up to others
4) start work on the new Quickstart guide, with the following sub-steps
in a first phase:

4.1) read the current Quickstart guide
4.2) discuss the content of the new one

I have discussed with Martin Holtz and he's interested in working on the
Quickstart guide too. We agreed that it was wiser to push back the
development on the TSref online reference to the T3DD10. I have already
announced a workshop on this theme to Thomas Hempel and Tobias Liebig -
of the t3editor team - jumped on board to help steer it.

5) make the "TypoScript in 45 minutes" tutorial into an official
document. The Forge sub-project is ready:

http://forge.typo3.org/projects/show/typo3v4-doc_tut_ts45

I've put Susanne as leader for now. Susanne, feel free to add members as
needed.

I think the TS in 45 minutes is an essential companion to the Quickstart
guide and - in conjunction with the new Introduction Package - should
really help beginners to a better start with TYPO3.

I think that's already quite a bit for now ;-)