[TYPO3-doc] purpose of wiki/ your tips

Jakub Tesinsky j at kub.cz
Wed Mar 21 04:18:39 CET 2007

I have commented my edits on the Talk page and the reason I have edited
the page is that i think that it should look this (or similar way). I am
not saying this because I am particularly proud of this edit, but
because it very nicely shows vision of wiki. Please open two browser
windows and browse to page
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Sr_feuser_register and
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/User:Gorn/sr_feuser_register (I put an
example here).

The two pages bear the SAME AMOUNT of information - one sentence + one
link + one category. Yet I consider my version far more clean and
comprehensive. Questions about yours page:

* Why there are three empty chapters  Dependency,  See also,
Discussion? Is there somebody going to fill them up?  I think no.
* If somebody wants to start a Disussion or place a See also topic he
can add the heading anytime.
* The "Dependancy" subsection is worst - it contains some predefined
sentence which has NO meaning to everyone going to use this page except
ONE person: an owner. And still it is only empty list.
* The beginning of ANY article should start with sentence or two
explaing briefly what is the page about. It should start with
information. All links to elsewhere (especially non-wiki links) should
be put at the bottom, because they are the last thing the user is going
to do - decide where to go next. If this is not done, then the wiki is
only a collection of links, which is insufficient.
* Yes I can imagine that there was some decision about the basic
extension article template and you are only expanding it on this page. I
do not object to you doing so, I object to the decision.