[TYPO3-doc] purpose of wiki/ your tips

Daniel Brüßler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Tue Mar 20 00:04:41 CET 2007

Hello Jakub,

before I started with categorization and the tagging the wiki had just
that structure you see when you start from Mai_Page. The teams had
team-header-templates that was a great thing, but it was a big
difference to wikipedia-pages.

Now we have three "ages" of the wiki:
* the oldest structure: the sections like "Overview User Manuals" with
the back-links
* the younger structure: the categories like "Beginner",
"Administrator", "Extension"
* the youngest structure: the tagging

The greatest thing - what I took from the blog-world - Is helping very
much. See how big the collection is
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Category:Topic

I think we have the same aim. The only problem is, that the wiki is big
and that the only chance is to make changes in single steps. And again:
I would be happy if you help me ;-)

The problem, that users of documentation do seldom visit the wiki (and
so they cannot contribute something - for example correcting a typo)
will be solved, when the bridge between TER - OOdocuments and wiki will
be better. For the moment that bridge has to wait until upgrade is ready
and captcha-features are updated.

kind regards
Daniel Brüßler