[TYPO3-doc] Reference of Typo Script

Matthew Manderson matthew at manderson.co.uk
Sun Mar 12 09:47:06 CET 2006

I have sometimes found that complete beginners do have a useful perspective
on things simply because they are not already experienced and familiar with
the current practices.

They struggle to make sense of the multitude of information and TSREF
remains one of the harder documents to read between the lines and see
exactly how things like userFunc can help them.

In my experience TSREF could be improved with links to more detailed
documentation and more detailed practical examples. We share practical
examples daily so it should not be difficult to research relevant ones from
the archives to insert as needed. Adding actual links to current
documentation and or websites is not very practical given TYPO3 does not
have an integrated document referencing system. These links and references
will change.

I have been considering a new Typoscript by example, let's call it volume 2
that could act as a suitable repository for advanced contributed snippets
and examples.

If this TSbyEX2 could be structured along the same format as TSREF then the
two documents could work together and be cross referenced as a valuable
technical AND practical resource.

I would presume beginners to start with the practical TSbyEX2 and refer back
to the TSREF as needed and Developers would appreciate the convenience of
TSbyEX2 on unfamiliar areas.

Keep up your enthusiasm!

Matthew