[TYPO3-doc] Reference of Typo Script

Sun Mar 12 10:05:38 CET 2006

Matthew Manderson schrieb:
> I have sometimes found that complete beginners do have a useful perspective
> on things simply because they are not already experienced and familiar with
> the current practices.

I was thinking about a simlilar comment during writing the posting
myself, but I didn't find a translation for "Betriebsblindheit" that
would hit the spot.

But TS is not just the usual case. To really understand if there are
differences between normal properties and functions for example, you
need to study the sourcecode a bit. The question is not so trivial as
it may seem on first glance. On syntax level a function is also a
property. Properties are defined by data types. Some datatypes are
defined by a function again.

If he is not a genious a beginner will need some weeks of experience
with the behaviour of TS, before he gains a clear view in this field
and could write profounded documentation. It is one of the points
where the ambiguous namings are quite confusing.

Regards

Elmar