[Typo3-doc] Greetings from the US

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sun Oct 16 11:50:48 CEST 2005

Hi Alex,
> No, actually the opposite. The goal is to only make corrections that
> will make the documentation more "US-friendly" for the US marketing
> efforts. Little things like spelling "color" rather than "colour" or not
> capitalizing non-proper nouns are sometimes subtleties that can make a
> difference when trying to sell an American on a product. So our intent
> is only to review the docs to make them more US-English for marketing,
> and provide them for all to enjoy. We don't want to duplicate efforts,
> but play a supporting role in the entire T3 marketing efforts.

Sounds good, even if I don´t know what people in the community
thinks about US-English documentation...  ;-)

The only problem is that there is no active docTeam right now! I
am not in the docTeam, but have up until now kept an eye on the
wiki and bugtracker (the documentation project).

But I have decided to quit, so my best advice to you is to speak
with each of the document authors. That had to be done anyway,
because the docTeam never had anything to do with the documents
on typo3.org. :-(

-------

You´re not interested in structuring / reorganising
documentation at the same time? I have an idea that Typo3 should
have some sort of "official documentation". The idea is to take
some of the most important/existing documents today and
- move some information (to other documents, new documents or
inside documents)
- add/complete some documents
- rewrite some information to suit non-developers
- maybe add some completely new documents

Maybe sounds like a big job, but I don´t think it has to be. I
have a suggestion at http://www.infolagret.se/typowiki/ which
could be a good start. Interested?

/Peter Kindström