[Typo3-doc] How to get started? Analyses of the steep learning curve

Peter Niederlag niederlag at ikd01.de
Sat Nov 12 12:34:22 CET 2005

Hi,

JoH schrieb:
>>What lacks is a modernized "Getting started" tutorial that fundaments
>>on modern concepts: css, accesibility and templa voila.
[...]
> A new "Getting started" should follow the KISS principle which means: You
> should focus on the basics and leave complex things like TV to the "Advanced
> TYPO3 concepts" tutorial.
>
> Just my 0,02?

No, I add 1,- EUR.

Starting with TV without GoLive-Tut or MTB knowledge is like buliding a
plane without having ever glued two pieces of paper together.

That's my experince from guiding a lot of beginners in workshops and
projects. The autoparser is a nice thing, but only needed if you
constantly get HTML brought in by somebody who you are not willing to
teach the very simple principle of a CMS, that some ### will get
replaced dynamically.

Cheers,
Peter
--