[Typo3-doc] Waht we can do now. was: G'day!

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3quebec.org
Fri Nov 11 14:23:58 CET 2005

Hi Charlie,

Charlie Dale wrote:
 >I was thinking of a new approach that you would probably like
> more: a scannable list, with discussion where appropriate, e.g.

My own taste is not very important...  ;)

What you propose below (kinda "For this read that") looks to me like the
band-aid while the new unified documentation is done.

> Actually your "New to TYPO3" page that you mentioned in another email looks
> like it would be usable at least for now as a Start Here page. Why don't we
> just link Start Here to that?? It needs extending with links into the key
> docs such as Inside TYPO3, TS docs, etc, but it's a good start.

Possible, you will need Robert or Julle approval.

> At the same time I'm also a big fan of the chatty style of Kasper's docs.
> Perhaps this is only appropriate in tutorials though.

I really think it's for tutorials or if a TYPO3 for Dummies ever get
published...

> P.S. I had some other ideas too. I was thinking we could draw a big diagram
> of a body and link the various docs in at different points. E.g. Inside
> TYPO3 as the heart, Getting Started as the left hand, Modern Template
> Building as the right hand. Not sure if that'd work so well... Actually
> TYPO3 is more like a journey. Perhaps we could do a map??

I have somewhere, on a CD, a drawing made by Kasper in 2002 and he used
the Ski/Snowboarding metaphor !

Anyway, I really think that what you propose is good for a year or so
then the new documentation can replace the old one.