[Typo3-doc] Organisation of the Typo3-doc ....

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Mar 30 20:27:08 CEST 2005

Hi Kees
> Where can I find the basics of this project?

First of all it is not a project. Our own intention is that
there should always be a docTeam responsible for (at least a
part of) the Typo3 documentation.

Unfortunately there are no good description of the docTeam. But
there is a description of our goals:
 http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/DocteamCorner#DocTEAM_goals

> Why is there a Typo3 doc team?

To take care of the Typo3 documentation. Otherwise, see our goals...

> Who is doing what?

Everyone is doing their own thing...
Ok, a little ironic, but there is no coordination at all right
now. So right now I don´t think there is a single person, who
has an overview of what is going on with the Typo3 documentation?

I have some ideas that I right now are trying to write down on
the Current activities page:
 http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Current_activities

But that page is "work in progress".

> What are the rules and where can I find them?

We have never been able to agree on any rules. There were just a
lot of arguing and then noone could make a decision... See next
question.

> Who has the final word when there is a discussion?

We tried that one too, but then people screamed about that it
was not democratic. Some of us wanted the docTeam leader to have
the final word, but others wanted it 100% democratic...
So it ended up with endless discussions with no ending or decision.

> Can anyone give  me some basic information. I suggest to put this basic
> information in the subscribing E-mail. So any person that is new to the
> mailinglist will get the same information.

Good idea! I think we also have to get more information up on
typo3.org about this...

/Peter Kindström