[Typo3-doc] Spam Watcher needed

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sun Mar 27 13:08:05 CEST 2005

Hi JoH
>>>If a login had been an option, we could have used TYPO3 itself
>>>(and I still believe this would have been the better choice ...)
>>
>>Ah, you mean the wiki would have been as up to date as the
>>documentation pages at typo3.org then?  ;-) ;-) ;-)
>
> Come on - you know this has nothing to do with "wiki vs. TYPO3" or "login
> vs. no login". It's all about user rights management. The problem with the
> documentation on typo3.org is that people are not allowed to change or
> update things they didn't create. If we had more people that were _allowed_
> to maintain or finish what other people started, more people would have done
> so with no need for a wiki, no need for additional extensions to convert
> wiki stuff to TYPO3 stuff and no need for a "spam watcher" ... of course it
> would still be possible to spam the documentation, but we knew which ass to
> kick then ...

You are right (did you notice the smilies). But on the other
hand my experience (from life and my job) is that the more
simple it is to do something, the more likely it is that it will
be done! And that´s why I like a wiki and not having a login.

And yes, I think it is more important than having a perfect wiki
strucure and 100% quality. Mainly because I think it is possible
to have a well structured wiki anyway. My initial plan was to
keep it structured myself, but other people did not like my ideas...

/Peter Kindström