[Typo3-doc] Start testing DocBook?

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sat Mar 26 19:20:01 CET 2005

Hi Jean Marie and list!
>> Maybe we first should test DocBook in a smaller "project"?
>> Like writing the Editors handbook och Installation Basics
>> in the DocBook format?
>
> Oh yes... And it doesn't have to be anytime soon. If we
> decide on a format that covers all the bases of any
> professional documentation needs we should be sure.

As you know I have thought about this "official documentation"
concept for a while know. At my wiki I now have the main
structure (with headings) "ready". I have also started to
convert some documents from SXW to wiki (Getting started
tutorial and Editors handbook is ready).

I now would like to start filling them with content. And this
could be a great opportunity to test the DocBook format! My
suggestion is that we start with the "Getting started"
documents:
http://www.infolagret.se/typowiki/index.php/Getting_started

* Typo3 Introduction
* Typo3 Basic Installation Manual
* Typo3 Basic Installation Appendix (or Reference)
* Typo3 Basic Upgrade Manual

As you wrote, we have no hurry. And in the summer I have my two
small gardens to take care of... But anyhow I would at least
like to start this up! What do you say?

/Peter Kindström