[Typo3-doc] Spam Watcher needed

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Mar 26 23:27:53 CET 2005

>> As far as I remember this was one of the main reasons to choose a
>> wiki -> no login necessary.
>
> More correctly the main reason was that is was easy for anyone
> to contribute in a wiki. But of course no login is a part of that.
>

>> If a login had been an option, we could have used TYPO3 itself
>> (and I still believe this would have been the better choice ...)
>
> Ah, you mean the wiki would have been as up to date as the
> documentation pages at typo3.org then?  ;-) ;-) ;-)

Come on - you know this has nothing to do with "wiki vs. TYPO3" or "login
vs. no login". It's all about user rights management. The problem with the
documentation on typo3.org is that people are not allowed to change or
update things they didn't create. If we had more people that were _allowed_
to maintain or finish what other people started, more people would have done
so with no need for a wiki, no need for additional extensions to convert
wiki stuff to TYPO3 stuff and no need for a "spam watcher" ... of course it
would still be possible to spam the documentation, but we knew which ass to
kick then ...

Joey

(If you have now clues: simply shut your gob sometimes!)
Dieter Nuhr, German comedian
openBC: http://www.openbc.com/go/invuid/Jo_Hasenau