[Typo3-doc] Spam Watcher needed

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Sat Mar 26 21:39:33 CET 2005

JoH wrote:
> As far as I remember this was one of the main reasons to choose a wiki -> no
> login necessary.

More correctly the main reason was that is was easy for anyone
to contribute in a wiki. But of course no login is a part of that.

> If a login had been an option, we could have used TYPO3 itself
> (and I still believe this would have been the better choice ...)

Ah, you mean the wiki would have been as up to date as the
documentation pages at typo3.org then?  ;-) ;-) ;-)

Well, what we need is someone who
1. Can keep an eye on updated wiki pages (easy via RSS)
2. If there is no comment/standard comment and an IP-adress
instead of an User name, go to that page.
3. If there are spam in the page, remove it and send the
IP-adress to Sebastian.

Takes a few minutes per day. And at the same time you keep
yourself updated about the wiki!  :-)

IMHO a fair price to pay for having a fully open wiki. A quick
glance at the Recent changes page tells me that about half of
the contributions to the wiki is done anonymous!

/Peter Kindström