[Typo3-doc] multiple languages on wiki

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Jun 22 20:05:58 CEST 2005

Hi
Sorry but I have lately tried to structure the wiki and I am not
very keen on doing that work undone (again)...  ;-)

Making three navigation trees could work if we have (at least)
three very active people maintaining them - and also cooperating
about how to manage the structure.

We do not have this today, so why not take one step at the time?

First start with "making it possible" to translate pages and see
if we find active people interested in this. And see if the
concept with first making an english page and then translate,
works in reality.

We could also, as I have suggested, make it a little better by
using language specific *Categories*. In that way you can still
organise non-english pages, but without confusing the structure.

And then if we get a lot of activity and interest in translating
(and checking if text has been added and must be translated) we
can probable get people willing to maintain a language specific
structure.

<joke>
> There are still many people outside you are not very good in English.
> They also would like to use TYPO3. But there is nearly no Document in
> another language than English. It is easier for someone to write some
> lines on the wiki than to write a whole OO document.

"Learning Typo3 is like learning how to fly an Boing 747." And
as a consequence of that you can't expect to learn Typo3 before
you can read english...

Forgive me, but I just had to use one of the most stupid
arguments I have found in a Typo3 list. I know this is b*llsh*t,
but it has been very effective in killing some discussions in
other lists. Maybe it can be useful here too...  :-)  :-)
</joke>

/Peter Kindström