[Typo3-doc] multiple languages on wiki

Daniel Brüßler info at -remove-patchworking.de
Mon Jun 27 18:49:49 CEST 2005

Hi,

keeping the structure of our documentation in english is really the best
way!

It's not very nice, that the translated wiki-pages have the english
name, too - but that is our compromise. Our engine, the mediawiki,
hasn't got that great translation-features what Typo3 has.

== for the future ==
In the moment mediawiki is beeing developped in version 1.5, when it is
a stable version we can switch to it.

I'm looking for extensions that make our life easier.
* the languageswitch - with dimmed flags when there's no translation
(this is not ready yet)
* ListSubPages - lists all sub-pages for any given page
* kw site map - This extension allows you to build and display the site
map for a dynamic collection of pages that fit one or more user-defined
constraints
* QISSingleSignOn - maybe interesting in the future

There are too less people who have time to WRITE documentation. That is
the main prob. The wiki is a good way to have more documentation,
because it's very easy to publish notices while testing a new extension
and to update existing documentation. -> just edit and klick the button. :-)

And in big letters one can read the slogan DONT PANIC

Greetz
DanielBrüßler