[Typo3-doc] Greetings and a question

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Tue Jan 4 07:41:43 CET 2005

Hi Rock

> First, I was wondering, what was the rationale behind using a wiki for the
> documentation of Typo3. On first glance, it seems like a good idea, but
> wouldn't TYPO3 handle mostly everything the wiki can do?

We are not using the Wiki for the documentation (at least yet) but we
are using it for development of the documentation since it allows us an
easy way to work as a team.

If you are looking for documentations you should do that at typo3.org.

> Secondly, why MediaWiki as opposed to other wikis such as TWiki?

No idea. I guess it was more about getting it up and running than trying
to figure out. But this would be a question for Sebastian or Sylvain.

> This is not a criticism; I am just curious.

No problem.

> To close, I can assist with some of the documentation. What's critical now?

The documentation structure which is in the hands of Peter and Sylvain.
I'm not sure if they need help but I think it's better do not have to
many cooks on this critical part.

Other than that, the installation documentation is always something to
improve. I starte it but didn't continue yet. If you want to have a look
at it to get an idea what needs to be done.

Maybe Sylvain or Peter have a better idea what you could do.

We actually are at the T3board right now (Sylvain and I and others) so I
don't expect much response during the week although I try to keep it up.

Thanks for your offer to help and be assure that we will take you on
that offer.

Jean-Marie