[Typo3-doc] What should we do?

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Fri Aug 26 15:48:25 CEST 2005

Hi list!
It seems like most documentation discussions have faded...  :-)
But not some of the work!

During this summer I have been thinking a lot about Typo3
documentation, but really came to no distinct solution other
than this:

There are many things to do - and it will take time to do it!

My thoughts is that we don´t start any bigger projects right
now, but instead organise and structure things. We have done
that in the wiki and now the turn has come to the Bugtracker.
Next step would be to get access to the Typo3.org documentation
pages and update them a little.

We should also consider "restarting" the DocTeam with a
coordinator and a few members - and some team pages at Typo3.org.

But then what? We could do a lot of things, here are some ideas:
- Upgrade MediaWiki engine
- Writing down tips and guidelines for Typo3 documentation
- Writing a Developers manual
  (http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Overview_Developer_Manuals)
- Finish up and implement TimTaw
- Start making a suite of official Typo3 documentation
  (look at http://www.infolagret.se/typowiki/)

What do YOU think we should do in the future?

/Peter Kindström