[Typo3-doc] Ask for assistance: Release notes for 3.7.0

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Sat Sep 25 05:58:42 CEST 2004

Hi Peter,

Peter Kindström wrote:
> I was thinking of upgrading to 3.7.0 and just read the
> TYPO3_3.7.0_Upgrade page on Typo3Wiki...  That page is VERY confusing
> and not helpful at all.

But you are late, sorry. :-\

This text is supposed to be put in the RELEASE.txt joined somewhere with
TYPO3 3.7.0

> Maybe I understand what to do if I use some "trial and error" after
> upgrading, but is that really the way we should leave it?

I don't understand what you mean.

> I suggest the TYPO3_3.7.0_Upgrade page gets integrated in the
> Installation Basics wiki pages and rewritten so that even a newbie can
> understand and follow the instructions...

It's a working page standalone. In fact TYPO3 installer should care
about such detail. But the install module can be in conflict too, if I
understand well.

I think you're right, and that document could be added to the
installation documentation section in the wiki. But not in that current
form. Because the request was to write a last minute document do be
shipped inside the tar package.

Thanks for your opinion, you can work on it, but you have to copy the
page because it's locked for edition. But we could unlock it to put link
  to your upgrade complement, when it will be ready.
--
Cordialement,
Sylvain.