[Typo3-doc] Ask for assistance: Release notes for 3.7.0

Michael Stucki mundaun at gmx.ch
Sun Sep 19 16:30:29 CEST 2004

Hello DocTeam,

if it's ok to pass some jobs to you then I have one now:

In 3.7.0 there will be some changes within the extension structure. Normal
extensions have become so-called "system extensions". Their new home is in
typo3/sysext/.

Extensions are always searched in this order: local => global => sysext

local  = typo3conf/ext/
global = typo3/ext/
sysext = typo3/sysext/

The problem now is that after an upgrade, some of the new sysexts are still
found in typo3/ext/ or probably typo3conf/ext/.

Depending on how people upgrade their installation, some new system
extensions might be overridden by their old predecessor.

Example: If you just copy everything over an old installation, then the
directory "install" typo3/ext/ will not be deleted although it is now a
system extension.

I think you see the point. The release notes file should easily explain
users how to avoid/resolve these problems:
- Remove directories in $global and $local if they are now in $sysext
- Clear all temp_CACHED_* files (either with the link in the BE or manually)
- Extra: make sure that typo3/ext/extrep_wizard is deleted (this has been
  replaced with the "kickstarter" extension)

If you need further details/help, just ask me.

You should not add any other details that are already covered in the
Install/Upgrade manual available on typo3.org.

What I need is a text file (no images!) that we can add to the archives and
publish on typo3.org, too.

Since we plan to release 3.7.0 on Thurdsay/Friday I would need the text on
Wednesday evening.

Possible if one of you takes care of this? Would be great!

Regards, michael
--
Want support? Please read the list rules first: http://typo3.org/1438.0.html