[Typo3-doc] Sourceforge development projet for docteam

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Thu Sep 16 17:00:03 CEST 2004

Hi Michael,

Michael Stucki wrote:
>>https://sourceforge.net/projects/docteam/
> Why did you choose such a name that has no obvious relation with TYPO3?

Yes you're right, but even if it's a TYPO3 based project, it could
useful to produce documentation for other project. This is no more to
host the documentation, but the tools developed to produce and manage
documentation.

I've posted the request a long time ago, but was
refused because my goal wasn't sourceforge compliant.

I've revised my objective today, and has been granted a sf.net account
for that project. I've not changed the unix name.

The the unix name it not that much important, right ?

The project should be easy to find and easy to associate to TYPO3
without a prefix. :-) Trust me. ;-)

>>The goal of this project area is to allow DocTEAM involved developer to
>>use CVS and more provided by sourceforge. One of my main future project
>>will be to integrate MediaWiki as a TYPO3 extension. To move the
>>documentation wiki *into* TYPO3 in the future.
>
> Why didn't you use http://sourceforge.net/projects/typo3xdev/?

Because more related project will come here, for example:
- my vim macro
- a tools I'm proposing to convert wiki to SXW

I also need to have admin right to move a fast as I need and do much
testing. For that purpose, I also need a Sandbox to the documentation
development. Also I can share admin right with other DocTEAM developer.

As far as I know typo3xdev only hold TYPO3 extension, nothing more.

I'm writing thing about this project :

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/SourceForge_docteam

Is the early beginning and need more work. :-)
--
Regards,
Sylvain Viart (France)