[Typo3-doc] Ask for assistance: Release notes for 3.7.0

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Mon Sep 20 07:07:39 CEST 2004

Hi Michael,

Michael Stucki wrote:
> if it's ok to pass some jobs to you then I have one now:

Yes, I think its our job and it's perfectly ok to ask that. :-)

> Extensions are always searched in this order: local => global => sysext
[...]
> I think you see the point. The release notes file should easily explain
> users how to avoid/resolve these problems:
> - Remove directories in $global and $local if they are now in $sysext
> - Clear all temp_CACHED_* files (either with the link in the BE or manually)
> - Extra: make sure that typo3/ext/extrep_wizard is deleted (this has been
>   replaced with the "kickstarter" extension)

Hum, ok...

So what you ask, is an update of the following document document:

Installation and Upgrade of TYPO3
http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/doc_inst_upgr/

Right ?

probably in the section «4.3 Upgrade»

> You should not add any other details that are already covered in the
> Install/Upgrade manual available on typo3.org.

As it's a quick job, do you want us to work on the SXW source file ?

> What I need is a text file (no images!) that we can add to the archives and
> publish on typo3.org, too.

Just a small page then ?

> Since we plan to release 3.7.0 on Thurdsay/Friday I would need the text on
> Wednesday evening.

Yes, I probably can take it, I will come back with it this evening, if
some one else can help me, it would be great, too.

Here the link to work on it:

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/TYPO3_3.7.0rc2_Upgrade

--
Cordialement,