[Typo3-doc] DocTEAM goals discussion

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Tue Oct 26 21:35:03 CEST 2004

Hi Peter and readers,

Thanks for your explanations Peter.

I've tried to incorporate all that in the DocTEAM Corner.

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/DocteamCorner#DocTEAM_goals

I've made 4 main goals. Related to :

- Current / Old document
- Day to day help
- New document
- Tools Programming

I've tried to include all we have discussed here. Please correct me if
I'm wrong.

>> # organize and support the work on new and existing documentation
>> # maintain the overall documentation structure
>>
>> Both are the same thing, even including the first Item, no ?
> No!
> The first is to organise *the work* and the other it to organise *the
> documents*. Different things, I think...
> The first is beeing the boss and the other to be the librarian...

We can only have some hierarchy inside the DocTEAM (4 members for now).
But we can only *encourage* other people to contribute.

Right now we are much more «librarian». ;-)

> Because I don´t think the DocTeam have to *do* everything, just see to
> it that it is beeing done (=responsible). You have the Documentation
> group for that...?

What we don't do, will not be done... :-\
The contributor are good soul, how to drive them ?

> The goals should not be to precise. You should have a roadmap or todo
> list for that...

Right, my misunderstood of what a *goal* is. That's why I've reduced
your proposition to 4 main goals. Should be short, I think.

Your section about « DocTEAM responsibility» is duplication with our
goals right ?
--
Regards,
Sylvain -- TYPO3 DocTEAM.