[Typo3-doc] DocTEAM goals discussion

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Wed Oct 27 18:01:51 CEST 2004

>> The first is to organise *the work* and the other it to organise *the
>> documents*. Different things, I think...
>> The first is beeing the boss and the other to be the librarian...
>
> We can only have some hierarchy inside the DocTEAM (4 members for now).
> But we can only *encourage* other people to contribute.
>
> Right now we are much more «librarian». ;-)

Yes! We need more/better "leaders" to get things done ;-)

>> Because I don´t think the DocTeam have to *do* everything, just see to
>> it that it is beeing done (=responsible). You have the Documentation
>> group for that...?
>
> What we don't do, will not be done... :-\

That doesn´t have to be true! A good leader/boss get things done
without doing it him/herself! Look at any good boss at any company.

Now maybe you can guess why I think we don't have a DocTeam
*leader*...  ;-)

> The contributor are good soul, how to drive them ?

Well this is something I find very interesting! I think about
this a lot at work, try to analyse what our boss(es) is doing
right and wrong and then try do just do the right things
myself... (No, I am no boss, but in some tasks I am the
project/team leader.)

>> The goals should not be to precise. You should have a roadmap or todo
>> list for that...
>
> Right, my misunderstood of what a *goal* is. That's why I've reduced
> your proposition to 4 main goals. Should be short, I think.

Hmmm, short? Now it got to long, IMHO, but I did only change two
things...

> Your section about « DocTEAM responsibility» is duplication with our
> goals right ?

??? Where is that section? I'm having a hard time finding pages
and information on the wiki nowadays... Hope I´m alone... ;-)

--

/Peter Kindström