[Typo3-doc] TYPO3 Glossary

Patrick Gaumond patrick at typo3.org
Mon Oct 18 21:05:35 CEST 2004

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:

>> What I really would like to have, is a web interface for manageing the
>> glossary. With a search form, list function and possibility for FE
>> users to update direct into the DB.
>>
>> Is something like this already existing?
>
> No.

I can be wrong but Kasper said that he was actually coding a full BE
extension regarding the Glossary...

Kasper's mail from June 2004:
I'm actually close to this at the moment. The thing is that I want the
glossary to be availabe in the backend - meaning that somehow the
glossary plugin should be able to compile all current words from
TYPO3.org into a file format that the backend can uncompiled and show.
What I want to achieve is integration with the Context Sensitive Help in
the backend which I'm currently finetuning.

What this means is:

- CONTENT: Go, make descriptions, use wiki. Sounds like good idea. I
promised Ingmar my word list. I didn't add any since I sent it to Dan,
so if Dan can send the word list to Ingmar and make sure the wiki is
used for the rough descriptions.
- PLUGIN: As it is right now *we will use my plugin* which I will finish
soon. It will also be integrated with other contnet on typo3.org and
backend, therefore I will make it. I hope I will have status, maybe
code, next week. So DON'T code on the plugin, ok! (When finished I will
also document the "data format" of it, if it is not already clear...)

Any questions?