[Typo3-doc] Future Main_Page

Peter Kindström peter.kindstrom at abc.se
Fri Oct 1 21:11:52 CEST 2004

Hi!

> I don't think the section I call the document Matrix (name taken from
> typo3.org), should be so big. You said 90%, I would say 20%, let's have
> a look together about the Draft_Main_Page proposed structure:

Sorry, I read this row as if it was ONE document.
  > * Extension Manual  All EXT, grouped together until we find
better"

Maybe it should read "Manuals"...  :-)

> I'm a little confuse, I was thinking that the «roadmap» term was about a
> spacial kind document. But reading your post, is seems it indicates a
> kind of plan, right ?

In my world it is a document that points out the direction of
the DocTeam work. As I have implemented it, the roadmap lists
what documents should be produced. It also contains a little
about the goal of the work and short explanations of the
documents in the list.

  > I'm really curious about what you think is the «best for
TYOP3» ? :-)

Simply put:
1. A project leader that push the work, take decisions
    (when we do not agree) and has the contact with Kasper
2. A list of "official" documents for Typo3
3. Clear goals for the DocTeam and work on the wiki
4. A "go" from Kasper on the above

And no, _I_ don´t think we have 1. No offence, but I think the
DocTeam needs more goals, pushing and decisions. Just cheering
people up is not enought right now!

>> Personally, I still have some enthusiasm left. And now I start seeing
>> where I want to go! I have made a new structure for my own wiki, I
>> have a list over Editor/Admins documents that I think should be the
>> official Typo3 documentation and I have TOCs for most of those documents.
>

> I read this part, and I see a lot of potential, but it gives nothing, no
> content I could feel or taste. ;-)

I don´t feel it is time for me to be active in the Typo3
wiki/DocTeam yet, so I just keep on working on my own...

You have recently read the 4 reasons...  ;-)

--

/Peter Kindström