[Typo3-doc] Future Main_Page

Sylvain Viart sylvain at ledragon.net
Wed Oct 6 18:01:00 CEST 2004

Hi Peter,

Sorry for the delay, I'm pretty busy those days.

Peter Kindström wrote:
>> a look together about the Draft_Main_Page proposed structure:
> Sorry, I read this row as if it was ONE document.

What do you speak about ?
The table row ?

I propose a new *structure* not only a new document (Main_Page), but
many documents. :-)

One by link in fact.

> In my world it is a document that points out the direction of the
> DocTeam work. As I have implemented it, the roadmap lists what documents
> should be produced. It also contains a little about the goal of the work
> and short explanations of the documents in the list.

Ok nice. :-)
Do you have any URL, where I (we) can consult your roadmap document ?

This one ?
http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Documentation_Roadmap

>  > I'm really curious about what you think is the «best for TYOP3» ? :-)
> Simply put:
> 1. A project leader that push the work, take decisions
>    (when we do not agree) and has the contact with Kasper
> 2. A list of "official" documents for Typo3
> 3. Clear goals for the DocTeam and work on the wiki
> 4. A "go" from Kasper on the above

Let's see if I follow well:

If point (1) is missing, according to your opinion, we have all other
points.

(2) The officials documents are listed here :

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/Document_Matrix

in the section number 2. Of course some needs to be removed or merged,
but the frame is here, I think.

(3) Our goal is defined here :

http://wiki.typo3.org/index.php/DocteamCorner#The_Goal_of_the_DocTEAM

I concede, it could be revised and detailed into point or TODO or
whatever...

But the part:
> The DocTEAM is the kernel of the volunteer which guides people in the
> TYPO3's documentation jungle. Our main objective is to have an
> enterprise class documentation for TYPO3.
>
> The DocTEAM also apply small rules to drive the documentation group
> effort. And enforces some open behavior to permit contributor, from any
> background, to share their experience. We are trying to keep everyone
> motivated to gather any effort, as small as it can be, to have a better
> documentation.

It may not be the *clear* *goals* you are requesting. Just present me
some goals and I will rewrite the thing more clearly.

And (4), Patrick our current DocTEAM's leader, has a *Go* from Kasper to
drive the DocTEAM for the best of TYPO3.

Patrick, could you confirm, please ?

>> I read this part [about your suggestion], and I see a lot of potential,
>> but it gives nothing, no content I could feel or taste. ;-)
> I don´t feel it is time for me to be active in the Typo3 wiki/DocTeam
> yet, so I just keep on working on my own...
>
> You have recently read the 4 reasons...  ;-)

I've read them, but not accepted them. ;-)

We, at the DocTEAM are really open and welcome contribution from anyone.

I can only encourage you to share your work with us. So we can work
together and accomplish the «Best for TYPO3» documentation. ;-)

I will be at T3BOARD05, defending / presenting the DocTEAM with Patrick.
Explain me your roadmap, post the last version if any, and I will
integrate it in the DocTEAM goals.

Now I would like to come back on the thread subject.

I will switch the Main_Page as soon as possible now. I expect to have
time this weekend.

I think the current Draft is well suited for our goal. No argument, nor
any sensible contribution have oriented me to some other direction.

I will also start/change any page linked from here to suite the
proposition I made.

I'm still open to any contribution and will integrate anything for TYPO3
documentation benefit.
--
Cordialement,
Sylvain.