[Typo3-doc] [Structure] (WSOA)

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Tue Nov 30 08:50:59 CET 2004

>> I propose that Peter and I start working on the structure. As we have
>> different vision, or just different word to name it, it should be good
>> to produce a result not driven by one, but by two.
>

> I hope that Jean-Marie stay in this discussion! I think he
> has the ability to see this in a Typo3 newbie perspective, and I
> believe that is very useful. Jean-Marie?

I'm happy to stay in the discussion as long as it is productive. Very
often discussion lead to discurragement and eventually to dropping the
whole subject.

I also think that you, Peter, and Sylvain are perfectly capable of
writing a usefull structure without my or anybody else help.

Once the structure stands some minor changes might be necessary but
shouldn't be too time consuming.

> And I also think we should not hurry. My experience is that the
> structure lasts longer if we let the process move slowly - so
> that we have time to consider it thoroughly.

I agree.

> Ok, but I think we need to divide the Main page into more "parts". Right
> now we have:
>
> - Main documentation (docMatrix)
> - Extension documentation

add Client documentation

> Do we also need:
> - Projects
> - DocTeam

Yes.

> And what more???

Nothing.

>> Building first the docMatrix of official document.

Yes. I would say that is top priority.

At the same time people who want to help now can focus on client
documentations (especially if they want to write in a language other
that english). Since the client documentation is independet it doesn't
have to wait on the overall structure.

Jean-Marie