[Typo3-doc] [Translation]

Matthias Stübner news at stuebner.de
Mon Nov 29 07:44:07 CET 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:42:10 +0100, JoH wrote:

> And in Germany (and other
> countries too) he has the right to insist on translated manuals. If the
> consultant is not able to deliver them in time, the client can refuse to pay
> for the service or at least cut the amount of money down until he gets what
> he wants.

That is pure theory! I'm working for a danish company in Germany that is
selling protocol test equipment and analyzers. NONE of our manuals are
written in anything else than english, eventhough that the customer pays
approx. 30.000 to 100.000 Euro.

The point is that is has to be stated in the product catalog or/and in the
offer. In case that the customer agrees, there is no need for german
documentation. We also do some personalized documentation for some bigger
customers like T-Com etc. but then they pay for it, the main documentation
is still english.

THAT is REAL.
--
Mfg Matthias