[Typo3-doc] [Translation]

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Mon Nov 29 12:34:14 CET 2004

>> And in Germany (and other
>> countries too) he has the right to insist on translated manuals. If
>> the consultant is not able to deliver them in time, the client can
>> refuse to pay for the service or at least cut the amount of money
>> down until he gets what he wants.
>
> That is pure theory! I'm working for a danish company in Germany that
> is selling protocol test equipment and analyzers. NONE of our manuals
> are written in anything else than english, eventhough that the
> customer pays approx. 30.000 to 100.000 Euro.
>
> The point is that is has to be stated in the product catalog or/and
> in the offer. In case that the customer agrees, there is no need for
> german documentation. We also do some personalized documentation for
> some bigger customers like T-Com etc. but then they pay for it, the
> main documentation is still english.
>
> THAT is REAL.

You are right:
In case that the customer agrees, there is no need for german documentation.
But:
In case that the _doesn't_ agree, there _is_ the need for german
documentation.

You are lucky that your customers don't force you to do deliver German
manuals without additional fees, since they seem to have no problem
understanding English manuals. There are many smaller companies outthere
(and these are the clients many TYPO3-consultancies work for) who have those
language problems. And even if they don't have language problems they may
force you to do so just because they want to pay your bill a few months
later.

That's also real ...

Joey