[Typo3-doc] client documentation

Werner Altmann altmann at artplan21.de
Sat Nov 27 13:00:40 CET 2004

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:22:02 -0500, Patrick Gaumond wrote:
>Jean-Marie Schweizer wrote:
>
>>It's about the documentation that the clients of TYPO3 users.
>
>>We never really talked about the end user, the client that has also
>>the
>>need to know a little bit about TYPO3. To my knowledge there are
>>only a
>>few docs on the docMatrix that are explicitly for clients
>>(editors).
>>Most of the docs are for TYPO3 users.
>
>A lot of End user doc is in a way into the new BE Manual/CSH
>(Context
>Sensitive Help). Ok it doesn't cover bests practices or don't give
>an
>overview but at least it's alway available.

The csh is the best way to give the editor help at the point he is
working, but i think it needs a documentation he can read from the
beginning so that he gets the survey and the context of his task.

>I don't know how much is translated in German or French though...
>
>In my view, the "real" Editors Documentation (not CSH) should be a
>BE
>extension. Could the Office Displayer be use to render a SXW manual
>in
>the BE right frame? That would be great.
>
>Patrick

Why can´t we go the simple way to include the online-documentation
with an extension like Christian Hennen did it with the "Handbuch für
Redakteure"? Have a look to the extension ch_handbuch

werner