[Typo3-doc] [Translation]

JoH info at cybercraft.de
Sat Nov 27 00:41:30 CET 2004

> I see, it just seems that they way you approach that problem with your
> client looks much different then my approach. That's why I didn't
> understand.
>
> I don't expect TYPO3 to provide documentations for my clients. I write
> them myself. I expect TYPO3 to provide documentations for me as the
> developer.

Well - even a developer in Germany has the right to get a German manual.
This is why mittwald medien had to offer their manual since they are selling
TYPO3-hosting and their clients are somwhat developers. But I have to admit
that the risk of being sued by a developer that doesn't understand English
is neglectable.

> But I can see where we all could save a lot of time if we combine our
> effort to write docs for clients but that shouldn't be the problem of
> the docTEAM now or at least be a completely seperate task.

I thought that this separate task was the main goal of the doc team and this
is why I couldn't understand why translation should be that unimportant. But
let me ask a question then: What is the problem with the existing manuals
for developers? IMHO most of them fit the needs of a developer perfectly
well, assuming the reader has some experiences in web-developing. In fact
there were only 5 or 6 docs I had to read to get 90% of my pages working and
the only one I am still reading from time to time while developing is TSref.
So if the doc team's focus is _not_ the end user, why do we need a doc team
then?

Joey