[Typo3-doc] [Translation]

Jean-Marie Schweizer jms at marktauftritte.ch
Fri Nov 26 22:56:42 CET 2004

> Hmmm - I don't know the exact statistics but when you simply count the
> messages in the German list and compare them to all other lists (keeping in
> mind that many German users are on the English list too) you will see that
> the native language of more than 50% of the community is German!

That doesn't say that more than 50% of the community is German. It only
sais that 50% of the people who ask a lot of questions are German.

Maybe that is so because people from A, CH and D just don't like to read
and rather ask questions in the NG.

 > Another big
> part is speaking French. 7 of the top 10 donators (listed on the typo3.org
> startpage) are from Germany, Switzerland or Austria. All these people may be
> able to understand English but many of their clients are not.

I'm sure those paying clients don't need all the documentations in order
to use TYPO3. There will be only a small portion of very specific
documentations that are of interest for the client.

And it shouldn't be a problem to have those 2 or 3 documentations up to
date in many languages.

But these
> clients are the people that pay the money in the end and the first question
> most of my clients asked me is: "Is this manual available in German?" - in
> many cases I had to tell them: "not yet, but they are working on it" ...

What documentations are they talking about?

Jean-Marie